Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Birthday Biccies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Birthday Biccies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Birthday Biccies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Pleasure Cooking.
Way too often we get swept up in the necessity of cooking in order to eat and forget the total joy that can be discovered through the act of cooking. Of course this isn’t limited to stovetop cooking. There are many men and women around the world who find baking for a very pleasurable pastime along with conventional stovetop cooking and sometimes maybe barbecuing on a grill. The principal distinction occurs in how you perceive your cooking endeavors.
As too little confidence is slightly more complicated to deal with having a couple’dinner parties' by which your quests may compliment your culinary talents can often solve this specific dilemma. The secret in this approach is to plan your menu carefully and remain well within your comfort zone. You’re going to be amazed at the wonderfully rich and delicious meals that can be prepared with hardly any effort if you are prepared to sift through the recipe books in order to locate them.
Cooking for pleasure is truly the only way to cook. For those who have difficulties when it comes to choosing the pleasure and entertainment price of cooking, then perhaps it’s time that you draw some fun back in to your kitchen. If you are barbecuing, put on some Jimmy Buffet and dance around your kitchen. If you’re cooking Italian find a few great Italian music to set the mood. Bring the pleasure back to your kitchen and you’ll find that cooking is a pleasure instead of a chore.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to birthday biccies recipe. To make birthday biccies you only need 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Birthday Biccies:
- You need biccies/cookies
- Take 2 stick butter, softened/room temperature
- Provide 1/2 cup caster sugar
- Prepare 1 egg yolk
- Use 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Get 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Get 1 tbsp custard powder (optional)
- Prepare icing
- Prepare 1 cup icing/ confectioner's sugar
- Get 1 few drops of food colouring
- Prepare 2 tbsp warm water
- Provide decoration
- Prepare 1 mini marshmallows
- Take 1 tube of black 'writing' icing
Instructions to make Birthday Biccies:
- Mix the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the egg yolk and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and stir in gently, using your hands to form it onto a ball of soft dough.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour to chill/rest.
- Take dough out, cut in half, take one half and roll out on a floured surface.
- Cut shapes and place on baking sheets.
- Bake at 180C for 10-12 minutes. You may need to turn the tray around if obe side is getting darker than the other.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Once cool, make the glacé icing by putting the sugar in a bowl, add the colouring, then gradually adding the water, stirring. Adjust with a little more water or sugar if needed to make a smooth, glossy but not too runny icing.
- To flood the cookies, put the icing ib a piping bag with a very small round hole in the tip. 'Draw' around the outline of the cookie, then fill the inside of those lines with icing.
- Place mini marshmallows for eyes, while icing is still wet. Allow to set dry before using black icing to finish details like eyes and mouths.
- *To make different colour icing, simply divide the icing sugar in required number of bowls with drops of colouring in separate bowls, mix up with teaspoons of warm water, one at a time until the desired consistency is achieved.
If you find this Birthday Biccies recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.