Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Easy fish pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy fish pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy fish pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Interesting Cooking.
Way too often we get swept up at the significance of cooking in order to eat and forget the total joy which may be located through the act of cooking. Ofcourse that is not limited to stovetop cooking. There are many men and women around the world who find baking for an extremely pleasurable pastime as well as traditional stovetop cooking and even barbecuing on a grill. The main distinction occurs in how you perceive your cooking projects.
While this question is asked somewhat rhetorically, it is a question you should consider and answer. Do you view cooking as a job or duty or can you view it as a project? There’s something a lot more intriguing about embarking on a new job than getting around into a loathsome chore. If you do view cooking as a job that the more important question is why?
Cooking for fun is actually the only real means to cook. If you have difficulties when it comes to choosing the pleasure and entertainment worth of cooking, perhaps it’s time that you draw some pleasure back into your kitchen. If you are barbecuing, placed on some Jimmy Buffet and dance around your kitchen. If you’re cooking Italian find a few nice Italian music to establish the mood. Bring the fun back into your own kitchen and you’ll discover that cooking is a joy instead of a chore.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy fish pie recipe. You can cook easy fish pie using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy fish pie:
- Take 340 g fish pie mix (we used Tesco which has cod, salmon and smoked haddock chunks)
- Provide 1 large carrot
- You need 1 cup frozen peas
- You need 1 large leek
- Prepare 5-6 large white potatoes (could do more if you like more mash on top or half and half white and sweet potatoes)
- Take 1 tablespoon butter
- Provide 125 g cheese (grated) - stronger cheddar is nice but I kept it milder for the kiddies
- Take 4 tbsp plain flour (we used cornflour as trying to keep gluten free - you'll probaby need a little less of this)
- Take 50 g butter
- You need 500 ml milk - semi or whole milk is best or try coconut or oat milk
- Provide 1 tsp mustard (optional)
- Provide salt and pepper
Instructions to make Easy fish pie:
- Peel and chop the potatoes into small chunks. Place in a pan of boiling, slightly salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for approx. 10 minute until they are cooked through. Drain thoroughly and add the butter and a dash of milk. Mash well and put aside.
- Peel the carrot and grate into an medium overproof dish. Grate or thinkly slice the leeks and add to the dish.
- Add the frozen peas and the fish and mix well.
- Make the cheese sauce by melting 50g butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the cornflour and stir thoroughly until it starts to form a paste (roux). Add a little of the milk and stir to incorporate the roux and the liquid. You will need to keep doing this until all the milk is added, making sure there are no lumps in the sauce. A whisk may help you do this.
- Bring the sauce almost to a boil- it should thicken as it does so. Stir it at all times otherwise it will catch the bottom of the pan.
- Take the pan off the heat once it is thickened and add the grated cheese. Stir until it is fully melted and mixed. Add salt and pepper to taste (a tsp of mustard is also nice to add here if you like.)
- Mix the cheese sauce with the veg and fish in the dish
- Top with the mashed potato and fluff up with a fork
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180˚c for 35-40 minutes
- Serve with some lovely fresh green veg - broccoli and runner beans are the faves in our house!!
If you find this Easy fish pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.