Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Butternut Squash & Cheese Scone recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butternut Squash & Cheese Scone recipe, you may want to read this short interesting tips about Cooking Basics for Beginners .
When it comes to cooking, then it’s important to take into account that every one started somewhere. I don’t know of one person who came to be with a wooden cooking spoon and all set. There’s a great deal of learning which must be completed as a way to be prolific cook and then there is obviously room for advancement. Not only would you will need to begin with the basics when it comes to cooking however you nearly must start when understanding how to cook a fresh cuisine such as Chinese, Thai, or Indian food.
This means that at any given time on your cooking cycles there is quite probably someone somewhere that is worse or better at cooking than you personally. Take advantage of this because even the best have bad days in terms of cooking. There are various men and women who cook for different reasons. Some cook in order to eat and live while others cook because they actually enjoy the whole process of cooking. Some cook during times of emotional trauma and many others cook out of utter boredom. Whatever your reason behind cooking or learning to cook you need to begin with the basics.
Additionally you will find as your experience and confidence grows that you will find your self more and more regularly improvising as you move and adapting recipes to fulfill your own personal preferences. If you prefer more or less of ingredients or want to generate a recipe a little less or more hot in flavor you can make simple alterations along the way in order to attain this goal. Quite simply you will begin in time to create snacks of one’s individual. And that’s something that you wont necessarily learn when it has to do with basic cooking skills for novices however you’d never know if you didn’t master those basic cooking abilities.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butternut squash & cheese scone recipe. To cook butternut squash & cheese scone you only need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Butternut Squash & Cheese Scone:
- Take 300 g butternut squash, cut into cubes
- Get 50 g butter, cubed
- Get 250 g self-raising flour
- Prepare salt & ground black pepper
- You need 2 tsp cumin seeds
- Prepare 1 tsp paprika
- Get 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- Take Fresh thyme
- Take 50 g - 100g cheddar cheese, grated
- Prepare Parmesan cheese, grated
Instructions to make Butternut Squash & Cheese Scone:
- Preheat the oven to 200 C. Cook the squash in salted boiling water for 10-15 mins, until soft, drain and put back into the hot pan to dry out, not over the heat though. Puree the squash in a food processor, or I use a Nutri bullet, set aside to cool.
- Add the flour and salt to a bowl, then rub in the cubed butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through the cooled pureed butternut squash to make a soft dough, add the spices, plenty of salt and ground black pepper, some thyme leaves and the grated cheddar cheese.
- Shape the dough into a ball, then flatten down slightly, mark the scone with the back of a knife into 8 equal wedges.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until looking golden, tap the base, it should sound hollow once it’s baked. Grate over more parmesan cheese and sprinkle over more thyme leaves. Serve the scone buttered, it's perfect dunked into homemade soup.
- Top Tip: As there is no egg in this recipe, I like to taste some of the dough to make sure I have the flavours and seasoning right before baking.
If you find this Butternut Squash & Cheese Scone recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.